Monday, August 23, 2010

Some Halloween Mojo

Today is Monday, so you know what that means....a new sketch over at Mojo Monday. Todays sketch looks like this:
            

I needed to get started on some Halloween cards for a swap so I pulled out my Pumpkin Patch set and got busy. Its a very easy card, which is just what I like, especially after I had such a horrible time with the color challenge I did this morning!

The card base is Basic Black and then I put a layer of Ghostly Greetings DSP on top of it. The pumpkins were stamped on Whisper White with Pumpkin Pie ink and then the faces were stamped on with Basic Black. I then backed those squares with some Basic Black cardstock. I used a punch from Martha Stewart to get the witch and she is popped up with 2 dimensionals to really stand out against the squares. Basic Black ribbon is used on the card with a small amount of Pumpkin Pie ribbon knotted onto the black strand. The sentiment was then stamped in Basic Black.

I did omit the 3 accessories on the bottom left. I was going to use brads but I just didnt like how it went with the ribbon there.


Supplies used:
Stamps-Pumpkin Patch
Paper- Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie(inside the card, which I forgot to take a pic of), Ghostly Greetings DSP
Ink- Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories-Basic Black ribbon, Pumpkin Pie ribbon, spone, Martha Stewart witch punch, 1 3/8" square punch, dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, its always appreciated!