Monday, March 14, 2011

Snowglobe and Snowflakes

Its time for a new challenge over at the Jingle Belles blog and this week its a color challenge! We are told to use the colors kraft, white and light blue. Definitely colors for a winter scene so I pulled out a stamp I hadn't used yet, Sweet Snowglobe. I love love love snowglobes and this was one of those stamps I just had to have!

For my colors I used SU Whisper White, Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake. Crumb Cake is the base of the card and I ran some Bashful Blue through my Cuttlebug Snow Dots folder. I layered this onto some Whisper White before attaching it to the base. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Crumb Cake and layered on Crumb Cake cardstock. The edges of all the cardstock was sponged with coordinating colors and the snowglobe is popped up with dimensionals.

I wish I could see a scene like this one more time! Its spring break here in southcentral Alaska and the last few yrs we've had snowstorms during spring break. Doesn't look like we'll be seeing anything but sun and temps in the mid to upper 30's, BOO! I'm not ready to give up my winter yet :P




Supplies used(all supplies SU unless otherwise stated):
Stamps- Sweet Snowglobe, Seasons Greetings
Paper- Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink- Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel
Accessories- CB Snow Dots folder, snowflake brads, dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, glue pen


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Love that fabulous snow globe ... and what a great sentiment too ... the embossing is a perfect touch ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, i ♥LOVE♥ that fabulous snowglobe and you have paired it sooooo perfectly with papers, embellies and sentiment to make a card that's AWESOME on its own AS WELL as a great version of leslie's colors!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow globe and the embossed blue layer. And such a nice sentiment! A very soft and pretty card. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the snow globe and i think i have to find that embossing folder!!
    LOL you are wishing for the cold to stay and i am wishing for it to go!! we have spring and are now in the mid 70's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute!!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I really like the embossing folder you used, and the snowglobe is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, its always appreciated!